TORONTO, ON: The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is pleased to announce that Canadians have ranked credit unions first in overall Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence for the 12th consecutive year – among all financial institutions, according to the annual 2016 Ipsos® Best Banking Awards program.
Credit unions were also awarded sole honours for Values My Business and Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence.
“In branch, online or on their mobile device, credit unions strive to serve their members with the highest level of customer service, regardless of the channel,” explained Martha Durdin, president and CEO, Canadian Credit Union Association.
“These awards are a recognition of the continued importance and value that credit union employees across the country put into every interaction with their members .”
Canada’s credit unions have received nine awards for two years in a row. This year, credit unions are recognized in the following categories:
1. First for Customer Service Excellence (12th consecutive year);
2. First for Branch Service Excellence (12th consecutive year);
3. First for Values My Business (ninth consecutive year);
4. First for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (first year individual winner; fourth year winner, tied for three previous years);
5. Winner (tied) for Mobile Banking Excellence (second time);
6. Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (ninth consecutive year);
7. Winner (tied) for ATM Banking Excellence (second consecutive year);
8. Winner (tied) for Online Banking Excellence (second consecutive year); and
9. Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (fourth consecutive year [note: prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012]).
“The credit union difference is all about service,” adds Durdin. “Credit unions are grounded in the prosperity and quality of life of their members, and in pioneering innovative approaches to banking. The results of this survey show us that our approach to helping serve the financial needs of Canadians is working. Thank you to every member who continues to put their trust into their local credit union.”
To learn more about the credit union difference, or to find a credit union near you, visit www.ccua.com.
About Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA)
Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is the national trade association for the Canadian credit union system. Canada’s credit union system is a vital competitor in the financial services industry. CCUA represents 303 credit unions and caisses populaires (outside of Quebec) with more than $195.97 billion in assets and serving over 5.6 million members. Credit unions have a long history of innovation, including the recent launch of mobile pay in Canada. For more information about Canada’s credit unions visit www.ccua.com.
Ipsos ranks third in the global research industry. With a strong presence in 87 countries, Ipsos employs more than 16,000 people and has the ability to conduct research programs in more than 100 countries. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos is controlled and managed by research professionals. They have built a solid Group around a multi-specialist positioning— Media and advertising research; Marketing research; Client and employee relationship management; Opinion & social research; Mobile, Online, Offline data collection and delivery. Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999. www.ipsos.com
CCUA media contact:
Janet Gibson Eichner
Senior Manager, National Media & Communications
Tel: (416) 232-3458