August 29, 2017
TORONTO, ON — According to the annual 2017 Ipsos® Best Banking Awards program, Canadians have ranked Canada’s credit unions first among all financial institutions in providing Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence for the 13th year in a row. Credit unions were also awarded sole honours for Values My Business for the 10th consecutive year.
Overall, Canada’s credit unions received a total of eight awards in 2017.
“Excellent customer service is a strategy for most financial institutions, but for credit unions, it’s simply part of our DNA. Each and every interaction – whether in person, online or on the phone – is solely based on finding the best financial product or service that will meet an individual’s personal or business needs,” explained Martha Durdin, president and CEO, Canadian Credit Union Association. “On behalf of all of Canada’s credit unions, we thank Canadians for their ongoing support and recognition of our efforts.”
Canada’s credit unions were recognized in the following categories:
- First for Customer Service Excellence (13th consecutive year);
- First for Branch Service Excellence (13th consecutive year);
- First for Values My Business (10th consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (fifth year)
- Winner (tied) for Mobile Banking Excellence (third time, second consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (10th consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Online Banking Excellence (third consecutive year); and
- Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (fifth consecutive year [note: prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012]).
“Credit unions have a unique culture of community engagement and a core commitment to consumer protection and financial literacy,” added Durdin. “Our industry is committed to helping members find the most cost-effective banking solutions and the right products for them.”
To learn more about the credit union difference, or to find a credit union near you, visit www.ccua.com
About Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA)
Canadian Credit Union Association is the national trade association for Canada’s credit unions and caisses populaires outside Quebec. These financial institutions offer a full-range of retail banking services to over 5.6 million Canadians. Collectively Canada’s 278 credit unions generate over $6.5 billion in economic impact, are leaders in small business lending, and have assets of over $205.3 billion. For more information, visit www.ccua.com
Ipsos is an independent market research company controlled and managed by research professionals. Founded in France in 1975, Ipsos has grown into a worldwide research group with a strong presence in all key markets. Ipsos ranks fourth in the global research industry. With offices in 88 countries, Ipsos delivers insightful expertise across five research specializations: brand, advertising and media; customer loyalty; marketing; public affairs research; and survey management. Ipsos researchers assess market potential and interpret market trends. They develop and build brands. They help clients build long-term relationships with their customers. They test advertising and study audience responses to various media and they measure public opinion around the globe.
Ipsos has been listed on the Paris Stock Exchange since 1999 and generated global revenues of €1,782.7 million in 2016.